This post seems perfectly fitting for a Friday. I love making my own syrups to have around the house, especially fruity ones! This blackberry syrup I created before kids and I would make delicious Blackberry gin drinks with it. Now that I have kids, I still make my gin drinks (you could change it up and use vodka or your drink of choice), but it’s also great for the kiddos pancakes, or just to mix with club soda for a tasty virgin drink.
This is a very simple recipe, as you are making just a blackberry simple syrup- yum! You can also use this with other fruit if you want to make a different flavor syrup (strawberries, rasberries, etc.)
- 2 containers blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Place blackberries in a pot.
- Add 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and stir until sugar is completely dissolved (5-10 minutes). I let mine simmer 10 minutes to get as much blackberry flavor as possible.
- Remove blackberries from the pot using a slotted spoon. Store in an airtight container. (These can be used in a drink or on top of a mountain of pancakes!)
- Transfer syrup to a container that is easy to pour (I use an old syrup container or a salad dressing container with an easy pour).
- Store in fridge and use on pancakes, in a club soda, or mix with gin and club soda for a tasty adult beverage 😛
Cheers, let me know what you think!