You guys- I am always looking for an easy pasta sauce recipe to have on hand and one that I can find majority of the ingredients already in my house. I always have diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, etc. on hand. This recipe is 5 ingredients, super easy, and so tasty!
- 1 package Egg Noodles
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2- 14.5 oz. cans diced tomato
- 1/2 lb. pancetta, chopped
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place pancetta in a cold pan over medium heat and cook until it starts to get a little crispy (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the onions and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Stire in garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- Add both cans of diced tomato, basil, oregano and turn heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Dish into bowls and top with cheese, fresh basil, and hot peppers if you wish! We topped ours with Cento peppers, which I CANNOT find in stores anymore! Anyone else able to find them? I order them on amazon and they add a little tang and spice to the dish!
I hope you enjoy!